- What is the school/student profile at BSS?
BSS is a K-8 coed school with 505 students. There are 3 classes per grade in K-5, averaging 19 students per class, and 4 advisories per grade in 6-8, averaging 14 students per class. Aides assist the classroom teacher in grades K-2 from 8:30 - 12 pm. The boy/girl ratio is 50/50. Read more
- What are the school hours?
BSS operates from 8:10am - 3:10pm on full days and dismisses at 12:30pm on half days. Read more
- Is BSS an accredited institution?
BSS is accredited by AdvancED and is a National Blue Ribbon School. Read more
- What is BSS' current tuition?
Tuition for the 2017-2018 school year is:
- Catholics - $10,275 per child
- Non-Catholics- $11,700 per child
- Does BSS provide before/after school care?
While before-school care is not offered, there is after-school care until 6:15 pm. To learn more about our after care program, please click here
. Read more
- Does BSS offer transportation for its students?
Carpooling and walking are the general means of transportation to/from school as there is no bus/van service. Bicycles are allowed. Read more
- Do you have to be Catholic or a parishioner to attend BSS?
BSS welcomes children of all religious backgrounds as well as out of parish; however, siblings and parishioners receive priority in admittance to the school. Read more
- Does BSS have a formal dress code?
- Does BSS offer a hot lunch program?
Hot lunch is offered every day for an additional cost. A lunch menu is distributed monthly and varies each month. For more information on the lunch program, please click here
. Read more
- What resources/supports are available to students?
There is a resource program in place for students with specified needs and there are enrichment programs in place at every grade level for advanced students, as well as a school counselor, school psychologist, and school nurse. Students are welcome to browse and check out books for our school library and do online research, type papers, and print reports from our computer lab. Read more
- What specials does BSS offer as part of the regular curriculum?
BSS offers Art, Music, and Computer classes once a week for all the students. Physical Education classes are offered twice a week to students in grades K-5 and three times a week to students in 6-8. Spanish and French classes are offered to students in grades 1st-8th. Grades 1st & 2nd have foreign language once a week, 3rd & 4th twice a week, 5th graders three times a week, and middle school has foreign language four times a week. Read more
- What after school programs/activities does BSS offer?
BSS offers CYO sports, art classes, choir, band, scouting, and various other activities are announced as they become available throughout the school year. Read more
- Does BSS participate in a standardized testing program?
BSS students in grades 2-8 take the online Scantron testing twice per school year in reading and math. Read more
- What sports programs does BSS offer?
BSS sponsors CYO (Catholic Youth Organization) soccer and basketball in grades 4- 8. Football and track are also available through community organizations. Read more
- Does BSS have a band program?
BSS offers band to grades 4th-8th. The band is grouped into beginners, intermediate, and advanced. Band groups meet Thursday mornings for 30 minutes and advanced band meets again Thursday afternoons from 3:15-4:15pm. Read more
- How does BSS emphasize student/community faith formation?
The school community begins each morning in prayer. The entire school attends Mass together twice per month. Religion classes are offered every day in each grade level. Students in grades 3rd-8th attend Reconciliation four times a year. BSS also participates in fundraisers such as Pennies for Patients, Operation Rice Bowl, the Greg Gannon Food Drive, and Jump Rope for Heart to name a few. Read more
- Does BSS have an honors program for advanced students?
Upper level students are grouped by ability in mathematics and language arts classes. Honors classes are offered to those in the highest levels. Enrichment programs are in place at every grade level. Read more
- What percentage of BSS graduates is accepted into a Catholic high school?
100% of our graduates are qualified for admission to a Catholic high school. 90-100% of graduates attend a Catholic high school each year. Read more