Test to Stay Program
Once your unvaccinated child has been identified as a close contact he/she has the option to:
Quarantine for 5 days OR
Participate in our Test to Stay Program
Your child will be able to attend school immediately provided that he/she has a negative COVID test within 24 hours after notification of the exposure and another negative test 5-7 days after exposure.
In order to participate in the Test to Stay Program your child must be asymptomatic as determined by the Health Room and follow these steps:
1. Complete a rapid or PCR test within 24 hours of exposure and obtain a negative test result.*
2. Submit all test results to the Health Room via email (healthroom@
3. Students are only permitted to return in person following email clearance by the Health Room.
4. A second rapid or PCR test is to be completed 5-7 days after exposure with results emailed to the Health Room.
5. Students participating in the Test to Stay Program should wear a well fitting mask for 10 days (surgical or k95 mask preferred).
*The Health Room has a limited supply of tests available to interested families. If you would like a test from the Health Room please email healthroom@blessedsacramentdc.
|Onset of Symptoms/Positive Test||Last in the building|
|Onset of Symptoms/Positive Test||Last in the building||Grade|
*Please note that Blessed Sacrament is required to report a positive case only if the individual was infectious while on campus. The infectious period starts two days before symptom onset (or date of test, if asymptomatic), and typically ends 10 days after symptom onset (or test date).
Please keep your student home if he/she or anyone in the household is exhibiting symptoms of Covid 19.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit https://coronavirus.dc.gov/