The health room is open Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. We have two part time nurses, Debbie Ryan and Jenny Williams. To reach the health room please call 202-449-4613 or email email@example.com.
Health Room Reminders:
- A child must be fever free (without taking tylenol or other fever reducing medications) for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Please keep your child at home for 24 hours after the last episode of diarrhea or vomiting.
- Continue to encourage good handwashing practices at home and school.
- Hospitalization/ER visit: When a student is hospitalized or is seen in the ER and returns to school requiring additional support at school this information (report, physician orders/plans, medications, etc) should be communicated directly to the nurse on duty for the day. The nurse is in the Health Room each day from 9 am to 2 pm.
Required Medical Forms:
For the 2019-2020 school year: All students attending school in the District of Columbia must comply with DC Health requirements regardless of students' state of residence.
- Every student requires an ANNUAL physical. The District of Columbia Health Certificate should be completed and signed by a physician or advance practice nurse. This means that your child must have a physical every year within 365 days of the last one and must be current prior to the first day of class.
- Every student must have a current immunization record, a current physical, an Oral Health Assessment Form and a yearly Emergency Form on file.
- We suggest that you take the proper forms with you to your child's appointment no matter when the appointment is during the year.
- A three dose vaccine for Human Papilloma virus (HPV) is now required by DC law for any female student 11 yrs and older. *DC law allows a parent/guardian to ‘Opt-Out’ of this vaccine by signing a form approved by the Dept of HealthHealth Room
|Health Packet 2019 2020.pdf|
|Emergency Form 2019 2020.pdf|
|DC Immunization Policy Acknowledgment|
|Student Medication Authorization|
|Allergy Action Plan|
|EpiPen TwinJect Authorization|