The health room is staffed by two part-time nurses, Anna Meenan and Jenny Williams. To reach the Health Room, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.449.4613.
Required Medical Forms:
For the 2022-2023 school year: All students attending school in the District of Columbia must comply with DC Health requirements regardless of students' state of residence. The DC Health Forms, Signed Acknowledgment Form, Emergency Form, and HPV Form (if applicable) are due August 15, 2022.
- Every student requires an ANNUAL physical. The District of Columbia Health Certificate should be completed and signed by a physician or advance practice nurse. This means that your child must have a physical every year within 365 days of the last one and must be current prior to the first day of class.
- Every student must have a current immunization record, a current physical, an Oral Health Assessment Form and an updated Emergency Form on file. Students who are not adequately vaccinated will not be allowed to come to school.
- All students attending school in the District of Columbia must comply with DC health requirements regardless of student’s state of residence.
- We suggest that you take the proper forms with you to your child's appointment no matter when the appointment is during the year.
- A three dose vaccine for Human Papilloma virus (HPV) is now required by DC law for any female student 11 yrs and older. *DC law allows a parent/guardian to ‘Opt-Out’ of this vaccine by signing a form approved by the Dept of HealthHealth Room
If your child is to take medication at school, have your doctor complete the appropriate Archdiocese Medication Authorization Form which can be downloaded from the Blessed Sacrament School website under Campus Life-Health Room section. EpiPen users please note: in addition to the EpiPen authorization form, an Allergy Action Plan is required.
- Covid exemption form
- Emergency form 22 23
- Dc health form, acknowledgment and hpv
- Hpv opt-out
- Dental form
- Student medication authorization
- Allergy action plan
- Inhaler authorization
- Epipen twinject authorization
Health Room Reminders:
- The Healthroom is open from 8:30am - 2pm each day and until 12 pm on half days.
- A child must be fever-free, without taking fever-reducing medication, for 24 hours before returning to school. A fever is considered any temperature greater than 100.
- A child must stay home from school for 24 hours after the last vomiting or diarrhea episode. If a child leaves school for those reasons, he/she may not return the following day.
- If you receive a call to pick up your child because he/she is sick, please make every effort to pick up your child or arrange to have your child picked up within 30 minutes.
- If your child has been hospitalized, been to the emergency room, or missed >3 consecutive days of school, please communicate with the nurse prior to returning to school.
- All medications (both over-the-counter and prescription) must be dispensed in the Healthroom and must be accompanied by the medication authorization form located above.
- If your child has Covid related symptoms, please keep your child home and follow your pediatrician's guidance.