Blessed Sacrament School is thriving because of the support we receive from our community. Your gift has a powerful impact on every single student that walks through our doors.
Please Consider Donating to One of Our Funds… Every Gift Counts!
Annual Fund is our foremost giving priority and is essential to our sustainability as an institution. Like most independent schools, tuition covers about 90% of our annual operating expenses. The vast majority of our budget gap is bridged by charitable donations to Annual Fund which provides funding for the following areas:
- Faculty Compensation - Attracting and retaining skilled educators is at the heart of our mission.
- Innovative Technology & Curriculum - The field of education is continually evolving and we must keep pace. Identifying and implementing new technology and innovative curricula is critical in today’s learning environment.
- Stimulating & Safe Environments - Our physical building and facilities must be constantly upgraded to keep pace with new technology and advancements in safe school environments.
- Professional Development - Our teachers are also students! A robust operating budget allows us to underwrite the cost of continuing education and enrichment for our teachers so they can provide high-quality instruction.
- Tuition Stabilization - As a Catholic school, educating each new generation of young people is our mission. As part of this mission, we strive to keep tuition as attainable and stable as possible. On average, every student receives an annual tuition discount of $1,000. Instead of larger annual increases, we ask every family to contribute a tax-deductible donation, thus reducing each student’s annual tuition cost and encouraging a diverse student body.
Making an unrestricted gift to Annual Fund strengthens the foundation from which we can attain new heights. Every dollar invested in Annual Fund goes to work for the benefit of the students today.
Msgr Smyth Endowment Fund
The school’s endowment fund provides financial security for the future and strengthens our ability to advance our mission. The Smyth Endowment Fund supports two main goals: to offer financial assistance to students and their families who would otherwise not be able to attend BSS and to provide continuing education, training and materials for our teachers. Each year, a percentage of capital from the fund is invested in Blessed Sacrament School. Making a gift to the endowment fund is creating a legacy for future generations.
Ways to Give…
Office of Development
Blessed Sacrament School
5841 Chevy Chase PKWY NW
Washington, DC 20015
- Matching Gifts Your gift may be increased if you work for an employer with a matching gift program. Please contact your employer for information.
- Gifts of Stock Gifts of stock or appreciated securities are win-win. You can give generously while receiving a tax deduction or eliminating capital gains taxes.
- Bequests and Trusts Planned giving makes a lasting impact by naming Blessed Sacrament School in your will or charitable trust. If you have already made a bequest to BSS in your will or trust, please let us know.
Blessed Sacrament School is a 501(c)(3) organization. Federal Tax ID 53-0208375
For Inquiries: Heather Kearns, Director of Development
(202) 966-6682 or firstname.lastname@example.org